Tuesday, April 19, 2016

P - Pournami

Image Source

Medical or Engineering? 
What would you prefer? 
These were the only options that I was given
What about the arts? 

That's where my passion lies
You can't make a living out of a hobby 
I was admonished, get a proper degree 
Forced to take up a field I had no interest in 

I slogged away for years 
I graduated, got a well paying job 
Worked promptly from 9 to 5
Doing seemingly satisfying work 

But at night I took out my brushes 
And I turned to my passion 
To create, to breathe, to live 
And tried not to notice
 That twinge of regret I felt otherwise...


Linking this post to the A to Z Challenge.

19 comments:

  1. The words written are deep and your passion which gives a sense of satisfaction comes through and alive:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This so seems like my story! I like engineering now but still I crave write poetry and story instead of code.
    Nicely written :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you could relate to it. It's mine too :) Thanks Reema.

      Delete
  3. Reema u paint beautifully must admire n choices r always limited but still we come out bright n beautiful 😊
    @2richajindal
    www.richajindal.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too many people feel the same way. Fortunately, I have no artistic ability, so I have no regrets. Bring on the boring stuff...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah :D You are more talented than you know!

      Delete
  5. That happened to me! Not because I wanted to be a writer, but because I wanted to be a homemaker and my college professors said, "What a waste!"

    Oh well, someday my son with be President and I'll pull that memory out for a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your attitude :) Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  6. After reading this I felt it spoke for me..... Thanks for coming up with something like this :)

    Thoughts...Sushree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sushree. Glad you could relate :)

      Delete
  7. Very good one. That's what every parent says these days.As you said passion will come out sme where some how. Art cannot be stifled. It manifests itself when you have it in you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mr Parsa. True passion can never die.

      Delete
  8. How true is this! So many of us have gone through this...many forced while many more unwittingly! Times are changing thankfully!
    @KalaRavi16 from
    Relax-N-Rave

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is always appreciated! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...